Thursday, December 3, 2009

Creative Dreaming


Dreams play a large role in creativeness and throughout history not only have literary figures been inspired by dreams but painters, musicians, scientists, architects and even inventors have become inspired by thier dreams to go on and do something great from this inspiration.

After awaking from a horrific nightmare one stormy night Mary Shelly wrote Frankenstein:


Image via Wikipedia


Has anyone ever had a dream that was so vivid it seemed real and upon waking from this dream you obtained some kind of insight or inspiration? Personally, I for one have on many occasions. In fact I wrote a whole manuscript based on a dream or rather a series of dreams, 300 pages! I remember in the first dream, the one of the most importance, I was sitting on grassy slope directly under a tree. It was a wooded area but the type of place that would make a lovely spot for a picnic. A being of light made his way to me and stood over me and said “You are a writer, you always have been and you always will be!” I did not say anything in the dream as I felt it was in my best interests to listen rather then be heard. He then pointed to my hands and instantly a pen and paper appeared and he said, “Write this!"


Full Article:

Creative Dreaming

by Mystify 

No comments:

Post a Comment